Nostalgia and The Last Question in the Bible
Do you ever miss “the good old days” or feel like life was better in the past? Do you miss the times when you were a child, and life felt simpler? Do you read about history, maybe about ages hundreds or thousands of years ago, and feel like times were better or more noble? You’reContinue…
The Objection of John
I need to be baptized by you, and you come to me? – Matthew 3:14 This week I had the pleasure of having my artwork chosen for the second year in a row to be displayed at my church. This year, my church’s “Call to Artists” is an opportunity to create artwork in response toContinue…
What’s the Point of Boring Genealogies in the Bible?
Jabez called upon the God of Israel, saying, “Oh that you would bless me and enlarge my border, and that your hand might be with me, and that you would keep me from harm so that it might not bring me pain!” And God granted what he asked. – 1 Chronicles 4:10 When you encounterContinue…
- How Does God Communicate With You?God is always talking. Sometimes people hear him, sometimes they don’t. There’s a lot of stories out there about people hearing GodContinue reading “How Does God Communicate With You?”
- Have you ever felt dead?He said, “It is finished!” And bowing His head, He gave up His spirit. – John 19:30 When Jesus died,Continue reading “Have you ever felt dead?”
- The bare minimum for SalvationHow do we know we’re saved? What do we have to do? There’s a lot of opinions on what itContinue reading “The bare minimum for Salvation”
- Why Bother Praying?People pray in many different ways, whether it’s more formal, written and practiced, or casually and in a conversational manner.Continue reading “Why Bother Praying?”
- Don’t Listen to Your HeartTemptation comes from many sources, which people mostly attribute directly to Satan. But if that was the only source, thenContinue reading “Don’t Listen to Your Heart”
- Gabriel in the Old TestamentAs we get closer to celebrating Christmas, we often turn to the New Testament for relevant scripture and stories surroundingContinue reading “Gabriel in the Old Testament”
- The Impartiality of GodToday we turn to how God doesn’t treat his people different from others. This message is simple, but will illustrateContinue reading “The Impartiality of God”
Follow Dave Aldon’s Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.